New Version – IBM Connections Desktop Plugins for Microsoft
Sometimes I get asked if there is a software that integrates a client perfectly with an IBM Connections server. At the software catalog for IBM Connections @ IBM Greenhouse you can find a free tool named
“IBM Connections Desktop Plugins” Download available right here –> Link
After installation and connection to your IBM Connections Server, this software enables users to upload files from your desktop or MS Word directly and share it with others within a few steps (and without your Browser)
The developers also added some information about this, which I summarized (copied from IBM pages) right here:
“Release Date 20.06.2014 of the Remote Desktop Plugins
Use the IBM® Connections Desktop Plug-ins for Microsoft™ Windows™ to share files and information between Microsoft Windows applications and IBM Connections. NEW to this release is support for Windows 8, Office 2013 and Metrics.
With this brand new software it is possible to integrate your Windows Computer with the Connections 4.0 or 4.5 versions
Some of the most interesting new features for Microsoft Windows are:
- Upload local files to IBM Connections from Windows Explorer or from your Desktop
- Share uploaded files with people, communities, or folders in IBM Connections
- Work on files locally and publish them to Files, communities, Activities, or even Wikis
- Share folders with the IBM Connections Communities
But there will be some great features for your MS Office as well:
- For Microsoft Word you will be able to add a document to IBM Connections Files or Communities
- For Microsoft Powerpoint you will be able to add your presentation to Files or Communities as well.
- For Microsoft Outlook you will add the feature to add an email to Files, Communities or to you Activities.
- Add a search functionality to your MS Outlook for IBM Connections content.
- And many more features!”
Check out this video about the plugin. It shows the core functionality and how easy it is to combine Social Software and work on your desktop PC: Link
If you want to know more about the functionality, just get in touch with us. Or let us know what your experiences are with this software.