No new Communities show up in Communities overview
Sometimes it happens, that new Communities are not shown in the Communities overview section.
Technically there is a Community indexer task that updates a list of communities each 30 seconds by default.
Especially after migrations / restores or also full file system conditions, this index might get corrupt and has to be manually deleted and recreated.
1) Go to communities with the communities admin (admin role in the security mapping of communities application)
Click on “Administration”
2) You will see the Communities Catalog Administration – click “Clear Data”
3) Click on “Collect data” to Rebuild the Communities Index
4) That`s it 😉
Sometimes it happens, that the above procedure does not work, because of inconsistencies between the local and replicated index (We had the case several times, after the FS ran full).
If this is the case, you might see several errors in the log:
com.ibm.lotus.search.replication.ReplicationException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /ibm/data/local/catalog/index/Places/taxonomyIndex/_0.fnm (The system cannot find the file specified.)....."
- Stop IBM Connections
- delete the folders content
- /ibm/data/shared/catalog/indexReplication/Places (on all nodes)
- Start IBM Connections and check the communities crawler