Hello to all of you again!
This time I want to announce that IBM released a new version of “IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins” for Microsoft Windows Operation Systems. The package is available for free here at the IBM Greenhouse.
The IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins Microsoft Windows is intended for Microsoft Windows, Office and Outlook users, adding social networking features and functionality from IBM Connections services, including Activities, Blogs, Bookmarks, Communities, Files, Profiles and Wikis.
The CCM integration now got some great improvements, like:
- Office users can now save documents directly to Connections Files and to Connections Communities from the Office Ribbon
- Support Trash view for Library files
- Prompt to publish files when closing Office documents
And also the Windows explorer has some improvements:
- Upload local files to IBM Connections from Windows Explorer or from your desktop
- Lock a file when you are editing it to prevent file conflicts
- Share folder with IBM Connections Communities
- Community Folders are available now.
In my opinion, some great new features have been published here and it´s really recommended to install this update.
So I am closing this blog by now with saying that I wish to all of you a lot of fun with this new package. 🙂
Best regards from Hamburg,