right after IBM published a new version of the IBM Connections Desktop Plug-ins (now Version 15.8) for Windows,there is a new version for all Mac Users (including me) available as well. 😉
There are no new features, but IBM fixed some bug in this new version. So you should not hesitate to give this new version a try 😉
For all of you, who have not been working with this software:
IBM® Connections for Mac provides the following features:
- Use sync to keep selected files synchronized with exact copies on the server.
- View file sync properties, versions, and sharing information.
- Share files with other people.
- Receive notifications when sync conflicts are detected, new files are added, or server status changes.
- Resolve conflicts using the conflict resolution user interface.
- Support for multiple sync accounts.
- Support for IBM Connections Social Cloud and on premises
- TAM and Siteminder authentication bundles for on premises deployments
- Advanced user preferences – new tab in Preferences to set logging options, enable beta features, and specify file types to ignore during sync.
- Administrator policy support – to set preferences and policies controlling how users interact with IBM Connections for Mac. (Documented here Policies and preferences for IBM Connections for Mac)
- Support for Share with Communities
IBM® Connections for Mac supports:
- IBM Connections Social Cloud (see also Connections Cloud Limitations section below)
- IBM Connections 5.0
- Mac OSX 10.8
- Mac OSX 10.9
- Mac OSX 10.10
You can download the plugins for your Mac here –> Link
Have fun with the new features and a nice day.